D 031

Previous
D 031

Alresford station yard c.1914. The carts are loaded with watercress from the local cress beds which is being sent to market in London. Note the leather waders worn by the cress workers. The cart on the left belonged to Mr Hunt of Fobdown Farm, the middle cart to Mr Mills of Bishop’s Sutton, and the cart on the right probably belonged to Mr Giles the watercress grower from Cheriton

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE