D 013

D 013

St Johns Parish Church

The eight bells seen lying outside St John the baptist Church are the ones Alresford residents still hear ringing out to this day

It is thought the photo was taken in 1936, when following the discovery of a crack in the treble bell, all eight were re-tuned and re-hung

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE