A 065

Next
A 065

Photographed in 1906, the hanging sign of the Swan Hotel in West Street. On the right of the sign is a plaque indicating that at the time the hotel was the headquarters of the CTC (Cyclists Touring Club). The club was originally founded in 1878 as the Bicycle Touring Club, subsequently re-named as the Cyclists’ Touring Club, and now as Cycling UK.

  All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE