Wield 004

Previous
Wield 004

Wield School photographed about 1908 when Mrs Burgess was the School Mistress.The school, was built in 1876 on part of The Green, which was given by Thomas Earle, Lord of the Manor, at a cost of £1,000. It incorporated a house with a garden on the eastern side for the School Mistress, and was opened on 25th June 1877 by the Rev. Thomas Ridley, Vicar of the Parish and Chairman of Wield School Board

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE