Wield 003

Wield 003

The Blacksmiths Shop at Bradley, c.1914. William Pearson was the blacksmith, he is seen just behind the horse. He later became the landlord of the Windmill Inn at Lower Wield in 1920. His wife Edith is in the cart with two of the younger sons Norman and Arthur. William’s brother, George, is in the doorway of the shop. Bill the eldest son leads the horse and on the right in front is Alf. The Blacksmiths shop was built by Jefferies of Burkham on a site opposite the pond where bungalows now stand

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE