Old Alresford 054

Old Alresford 054

Some members of Old Alresford Mothers’ Union on the steps of Upton House, where they were being entertained by Miss Christy
The Mothers’ Union was founded in 1867 by Mary Sumner, wife of the rector of Old Alresford. Many of these old ladies were probably founder members of the Mothers’ Union. This picture was taken before 1899

Back row, Left to Right: 1 Mrs Jemima Merritt. 2 Mrs Martha Broad. 3 Mrs Rampton. 7 Mrs Eliza Marley. 9 Mrs Morris. 10 Mrs Ann Merryfield.
11 Mrs Sprangle

Front Row, Left to Right: 1 Mrs Wheable. 3 Mrs Churchman. 5 Mrs Goodyear. 6 Mrs Wren Merritt

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE