Old Alresford 051

Old Alresford 051

Shown here shortly after it was built in 1912 is the Christy Memorial Hall (Old Alresford Village Hall). Built by Mrs Christy but the villagers were asked to buy bricks at a shilling each!
On the right of the photograph children play around the village swing, which was identical to the one erected and inaugurated in the Avenue at Alresford in 1907

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE