Cheriton 028

Cheriton 028

Pictured here, around 1920, at the junction of Brandy Mount and the main road through the village, a horse pulling the delivery cart belonging to Alfred Slater stops for a drink from the river. Mr Slater ran a village shop in a house now called “Parker’s Cottages”, which stands opposite the present village shop. The large wooden building in the centre of the picture belonged to Mr Welch the builder from about 1990 to the 1930’s, after which it was used as a spare storehouse by C & F Freeman

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE