Bishop's Sutton 023

Bishop's Sutton 023

In about 1930 Ivy White (nee Padwick) is seen standing in the doorway of her family home. Ivy, who has lived in the village all of her life, is reputed to be the oldest continuous living resident of Bishop’s Sutton, [2015]

The sign above the door of the cottage, which still stands, facing the main road through the village, near the junction with School Lane, reads: “J. Padwick - Boots & Shoes Repaired”

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE