Bighton 051

Bighton 051

Bighton Blacksmith’s shop, at the Knap, c.1914

The actual smithy is on the left, behind the cart and was owned by the Norgate’s, as was the whole area including the dwelling which is Vine Cottage. The barnes, which stood on the corner of Nettlebeds Lane and the Bighton Alresford Road were pulled down in the 1950’s.  The building in the centre of the picture, between the barnes and Vine Cottage was the village school

                                                                                                                                                                                 (Image reproduced by kind permission of Garry Allam)

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE