Bighton 037

Bighton 037

Fair Oak Bungalow, Goscombe Lane, Gungleton, late 1950’s

Laying on the grass from left to right are Lesl Sargeant, John Appleton (young boy) and his father William (owner of the bungalow). Standing is Bert Appleton and the man resting on the stick is the next door neighbour James Appleton. Fair Oak Bungalow was a ‘coloniel’ bungalow as was much of Gungleton built from old Morn Hill army camp tin huts in the 1920’s

                                                                                                                                                                                 (Image reproduced by kind permission of Garry Allam)

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE