About 1910. Mr John Henning, wearing a bowler hat, stands in the doorway of his shop, on the left of the picture. He was a plumber,
glazier, decorator. A sailor is looking at the window of the little shop in the centre. This was Miss Henning’s shop called “The Alresford Toy, Stationery and Fancy Stores”. On the right a shopkeeper, probably Miss Henning, is being polite to the lady in the smart carriage.
The shop on the right of the picture was occupied by T Moreton, cabinet maker, paperhanger, upholsterer and undertaker