R 010

R 010

The staff of Mr T C Hankin’s garage in West Street in 1918. Standing apart in the central doorway, is Mr T C Hankin. The man in the white overall, who stands with the mechanics on the left, is Mr Duffin the foreman

This family business began in 1913 on the site of a workshop which had previously serviced traction engines and continued on the same site until it’s closure in 2001, after which the site was redeveloped by the Co-Op supermarket and housing

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE