B 008

B 008

About 1906, children stand in front of the town hall which had been built in 1866 in a largely unsuccessful attempt to boost the town’s trade from the newly built railway line. The market was intended to flourish on the ground floor, while upstairs was the assembly room

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE