T 046

T 046

The Cricketer’s Inn, on the corner of Tichborne Down Road and Jacklyns Lane, built in 1910/11, pictured early in the 1950’s. This was to be the home of Alresford Golf Club from 1911 until 1953. Lion Brewery of Winchester running the Inn as a business and the golf club, subject to the same licensing laws, using the centre portion as their clubhouse and the club professional using the timber clad building pictured on the right. A short walk, over what is now the Alresford Bypass, led directly from the clubhouse to the ‘old’ first tee.

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE