V 001

 V 001

Tanyard Hill (now called Mill Hill) at the bottom of Broad Street in about 1906

The cottages on the left are some of the very few that survived in the great fire of 1689

The house, behind the gas lamp, in the centre of the picture is Wickham House, then the home of Mr Worthy Light who had fifteen children and was, appropriately, the registrar of births, marriages and deaths

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE