J 006

J 006

The Hurdle House in Sheeplands Paddock to the north of the Bishop’s Sutton Road, photographed in 1980 just before being gutted by fire in 1981. Constructed in 1864 the Hurdle House was used for the storage of the hazel woven hurdles used for the construction of the sheep pens at the Alresford sheep fairs. Restored shortly after the fire, the building was converted to a private residence

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE