H 038

H 038

All the staff and pupils of Perin’s Grammar School in 1920, photographed in front of the main school building.
Around this time student numbers had grown to 146. However by 1932 the number had dwindled to just 50. This drop in numbers was partially responsible for its closure as a Grammar School in 1932.
The school would re-open on 5th November, 1934 as Perin’s Senior Council School, taking over the Grammar School buildings, which had been vacant for two years.

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE