B 016

B 016

Pound Hill (looking towards West Street), c.1925

Standing in the doorway on the left is Mr H Jones who ran a general shop and tea room with his daughter. The room catered mainly to passing cyclists and the CTC (Cyclists Touring Club) sign can be seen on the wall of the shop

Troops, on horses, from one of the many manoeuvres held in the area at this time, can be seen leaving the Dean and proceeding up West Street

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE