U 007

U 007

The Argylls (Argyll and Southern Highlanders) march through Alresford in 1915

The 10th Battalion The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders was raised at Stirling, in August 1914 as part of Kitchener’s First New Army. After initial training in the Stirling area they moved to Bordon. In November they moved to Alresford and went into billets for the winter, moving to Bramshott in early 1915 to commence final training. On the 11th May 1915 the 10th Argyles landed in France

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE