Q 028

Q 028

The camp kitchens, operated by Holdaway of Wilton, which catered for the officers of the City of London Yeomanry who were camped at Upton House, Old Alresford, between 26th July - 11th August 1912

The City of London Yeomanry were intended to be a home defence force, for service during wartime members could not be compelled to serve outside the country. However, on the outbreak of war on 4 August 1914, many members volunteered for Imperial Service. Their commanding officer was a Mr Scott who lived at Upton House

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE