J 008

J 008

Local young lads, mimically, march alongside the soldiers as they march up West Street on their way to a church parade in 1910

In the centre of the picture is the hanging gantry sign in front of the Volunteers Arms with the recently built Perin’s Grammar school looking down from the top of Pound Hill

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE