C 065

C 065

The army watering their horses from the ford at the end of Spring Lane near Ladycroft.  These men were probably camped in one of the many tented army camps in the area

This view of the ford is little changed today (2014), and is still referred to locally as the “Horse Pond”

Reproduced from a postcard bearing a postmark of 1907

All images on this site © Godfrey Andrews ALRESFORD HERITAGE